The North Carolina Citizens Militia is divided into four Divisions. Each County is recognized as a Regiment with individual units being recognized as a Company. In order to be recognized by the NCCM contact our Public Affairs Officer.
The North Carolina Citizens Militia has many materials to assist the individual and the unit in preparing and organizing for all most any situation.
The unorganized or "reserve" militia is comprised of citizens organized, "well-regulated" and pledged to: enforce the laws of the Union, suppress insurrections, repel invasions, and to otherwise preserve and protect this nation and its citizens from all enemies, foreign or domestic. As such the militia is DEFENSIVE not offensive in nature.
We believe that the truths and ideals represented in the Declaration of Independence, our Constitution and Bill of Rights express the core beliefs at the very heart and soul of America and her citizens. Therefore, the militia is pledged to uphold the ideals expressed in this document and does not owe its loyalty to any political party, individual, or organization. We believe that America, and her republican form of government, administered with fairness, honesty and integrity is worth saving.
The potential for governmental tyranny and the external threats to our national security from foreign governments, i.e., the United Nations, is perhaps even greater today than the threats in 1775. This is the catalyst for the formation of organized citizen resistance groups throughout America. Recognizing that the most effective resistance comes from groups, which are organized BEFORE physical oppression begins, it is essential that citizen soldiers, as part of the unorganized militia, organize early to ensure their security and efficiency.
The primary purpose of the North Carolina unorganized, or reserve militia, therefore, is to defend the Constitution of the State of North Carolina and the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Further, it is to uphold and defend Constitutional guarantees as documented by the Bill of Rights to ensure that all citizens regardless of race, color, religion, sex or national origin retain the inalienable rights and opportunities established by the Founding Fathers of this great nation. For this purpose the unorganized militia will:
1. Establish and maintain well-regulated, trained, equipped and effective militia units, separate from the organized or select militia, and independent of official governmental control, comprised of ordinary citizens and dedicated to the preservation of liberty.
2. Elect officers, establish a cohesive command and communication structure to facilitate the organization and function of the militia and coordinate its activities with its members, the select militia and lawful authority where appropriate.
3. Train its members in those disciplines necessary to the functions of the militia.
4. Educate members, and the general public, on their national heritage, the duties of the militia, related issues of law, and moral and ethical principlesof civil disobedience, and the legitimacy of resistance to oppressive government based on constitutional and Biblical precedent.
5. Animate its members to resist tyranny, democracy, humanism, domestic insurrection from within or without government, and the socialist agenda of globalists known as the New World Order, and all others who may threaten our national safety, sovereignty and republican form of government. We seek to bring reform for just and honest constitutional government without resort to threats, intimidation or violence.
6. In times of crisis, civil unrest, natural disaster, invasion, or internal sedition, and in the absence of action by lawful authority, to act by its own authority within a Constitutional framework to provide for the security of the community, county, the state and all citizens within its ability to do so.
7. Cooperate and support local officials, and all duly authorized law enforcement officials, in the performance of their duties, upon request and for legitimate and Constitutional activities.
8. Voluntarily respond to a call from duly constituted and elected authority for actions consistent with Constitutional jurisdiction to work with established law enforcement and organized military units to defend our community, county, and State.
9. Present the militia to the citizens of the county and State as a properly organized, legitimate, well-equipped, and knowledgeable unit comprised of local citizens and members of the community rather than professional soldiers.
10. Resist, where necessary with force of arms, offensive acts of violence and in general all those both within and without government dedicated to the subversion or overthrow of our form of government.
To this end, each militia unit is encouraged to seek the protection, wisdom and leadership of Almighty God as they work to protect the liberty and freedom given to all Americans.